Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Roasted Vegetable Soup

You may remember this post Roasted Vegetables. Well Sunday night we had the roasted vegetables with dinner and we had a quart container full of leftovers. As I have written before I watch too much Food Network, if that's possible. Any who Ina Gartin aka Barefoot Contessa really started me on the roasted vegetables but also I remember watching her once take the roasted vegetable leftovers and make a soup, I attempted it and it turned out phenomenally.

Roasted Vegetable Soup
3 cups chicken broth
1 quart roasted vegetables
1/2 cup half and half

Directions
After roasting the vegetables heat the broth up to at boil. Once it boils turn it down to low and add in the vegetables and use your hand emulsifier or put the soup into a blender or food processor until small chunks remain and pour in half and half. Taste the soup to make sure the spices are right, also mine turned out a little too salty so I just added more water and a little more half and half and it turned out just right.


Roasted Vegetable Chicken and Rice Soup/Stew
1 cup of rice, cooked
1 pack chicken tenders
Roasted Vegetable Soup (Recipe above)

Directions
Cook 1 cup of rice following the package directions, once finished add to roasted vegetable soup. While the rice was cooking I marinated my pack of chicken for a little while and then cooked it in a medium-high pan with a splash of olive oil until browned. Once the chicken was finished I shredded it and added it also to the roasted vegetable and rice soup. After all ingredients were added I checked the spices again and let simmer on low until ready to serve.

Note: this is very easy to change up, if you like runnier soup just add more water and half and half. You can add no meat, or different meat, just make it your own. It is also man approved and he didn't even care that broccoli was in it and he always complains whenever Mama and I roast broccoli.

This would feed 4 very hearty servings

No comments:

Post a Comment