Friday, May 18, 2012

Greek Potato Salad

I hope every that reads this has had the excellent experience of having Zoe's Kitchen for lunch and dinner. Over the past week I ate Zoe's 3 times and twice in the same day(we just had one open by our home and I was really excited). Their potato salad maybe my favorite potato salad around, it is so good, light and tastey. Last night for dinner I decided on making George Forman Cubans and felt potato salad would be a perfect side dish so I decided to try my hand at making potato salad similar to Zoe's with red potatoes, green onion and a Greek red wine vinaigrette dressing. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do. As I texted my friends after dinner this will be making an appearance at tailgates. I also love that it is easily doubled for large parties.


Greek Potato Salad

Ingredients:
12 red potatoes, boiled, cooled and sliced (skin on)
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1 T fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2t oregano, dried
1/2t rosemary, dried and snapped into fine pieces
1t garlic powder
1t onion powder
1t ground black pepper
1t coarse salt
1/8t ground red pepper
1/2t sugar


Directions:
1) Boil 12 red potatoes in salted water until pierced with a fork and soft (about 25 minutes). Strain and put in freezer for about 30 minutes to cool off fully.
2) Once potatoes are cooled sliced in pieces of desired size and chop green onion and put in preferred container



3) Mix ingredients 3-13 well, I used my electric whisk and a measuring cup for this process
---you could use a fork and a bowl or measuring cup or a container with a lid and shake whatever you have around the kitchen will work, it really can't be messed up

Finished dressing

4) Pour about HALF(you can decide but I found a half cup was perfect) of the dressing on top of the potatoes and green onions and stir. Taste test and you may decide to add a little more salt and pepper depending on taste. You can either chill it until ready to serve or serve immediately depending on how you and your family/guests prefer.

About half was left after feeding two men who had been working hard all day

Makes 8 servings, lasts in the fridge for days(but it really won't last that long)

**With the leftover dressing just leave it on the counter at room temperature and use it on a salad or marinade or more potato salad**

Hope everyone is having a wonderful May!
Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for figuring this out. I have eaten at Zoie's twice in 5 days. I am surprised crack is not an ingredient in the dressing. Heading to the market now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an FYI, since it is Whole30 approved, Zoe's potato salad cannot contain added sugar. So I would leave it out if you are really trying to replicate.

    ReplyDelete