I made what AllRecipes calls Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue I liked to call Sloppy Chicken Sandwiches because well they are sloppy and it's a much shorter name. :)
Sloppy Crockpot Chicken Sandwiches
- 6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover the Crockpot, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.
- Once cooked shred with two forks and add back to sauce, until ready to serve.
- You can serve as sandwiches or however you like
- Use Kraft BBQ sauce or any other thick sauce, if you use a Vinegar based sauce like Dreamland it can easily be too watery, I used both probably leading to the sloppiness
- Also you probably will be able to make some mean brunswick stew out of leftovers.
- I served with pickles and baked beans that I doctored with mustard, molasses, brown sugar, chili powder, Kraft BBQ sauce, and ketchup. I didn't measure any of this just add to a can of Bush's and bake at 350* for 45 minutes.