Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sloppy Crockpot Chicken Sandwiches

I had a whirlwind trip to Alabama the last 36 hours but it was great to see my babies which I guess it's time to upgrade them to kiddos being 9 and almost 4. I was sent on the mission to pick up the deer meat from the processor for Daddy's friends who shot two 8 points of my uncle's orchard this season. Anyways I got home a little before 3pm after dropping the cooler off at Juvenile Court with Daddy and I had no idea what I was going to fix to dinner, then I remembered that a recipe I found Sunday night and that we had a bag of frozen chicken in the outside freezer.

I made what AllRecipes calls Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue I liked to call Sloppy Chicken Sandwiches because well they are sloppy and it's a much shorter name. :)


Sloppy Crockpot Chicken Sandwiches
Ingredients
  • 6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 (12 ounce) bottle BBQ sauce
  • 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions 
  1. Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken. 
  2. Cover the Crockpot, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low. 
  3. Once cooked shred with two forks and add back to sauce, until ready to serve.
Notes: 
  • You can serve as sandwiches or however you like
  • Use Kraft BBQ sauce or any other thick sauce, if you use a Vinegar based sauce like Dreamland it can easily be too watery, I used both probably leading to the sloppiness
  • Also you probably will be able to make some mean brunswick stew out of leftovers.
  • I served with pickles and baked beans that I doctored with mustard, molasses, brown sugar, chili powder, Kraft BBQ sauce, and ketchup. I didn't measure any of this just add to a can of Bush's and bake at 350* for 45 minutes.
Happy Surgery Week Everyone!  
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment